19/04/2007
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

افتراضي The Ants and the Jar

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

The Ants and the Jar
    Written by harjjari

http://arabswata.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8892

In my grandfather’s house, I like to go up on the roof stealthily. With half of my skinny body bending over the edge of the roof, I look at the yard in the middle of an abandoned old house next door. It looks strange. There is a big shady fig tree down there. Next to it, there is an empty jar, which fills up with water every time it rains. It seems that birds too like this house. They descend in the middle of the house to sing happily, without interruption, and they safely build their nests on the tree branches.

I used to carry in my pocket a little piece of bread, and break it into little tiny pieces to feed the birds and the ants. One day, I saw an army of ants; thousands upon thousands of them. They were climbing the jar, and I could not understand why. In the evening, I heard a flock of birds making a great commotion. They were flying back and forth and flocking over the jar.

"Why are the birds making such a commotion?" I asked my Grandfather

He looked at me quite puzzled, and then said; “maybe, they are afraid of something, maybe, they are happy, or perhaps there is a festival!”

“And why are the ants surrounding the jar?" I asked.

My grandfather laughed and said: “Maybe they found butter and honey inside it".

"Do they like butter and honey?!" I asked in amazement.

My Grandfather didn't answer; he kept laughing and nodding his head instead.

At night, while I was sleeping, I dreamed that I was looking at the house from the roof, as usual. I saw a colony of ants standing in columns in a beautiful formation. They were there in front of its leader, who climbed on top of the jar. He addressed them

“Dear brothers

"We have lost many of our sisters and brothers in this accursed jar. They have sunk here, to the bottom. So, what are we going to do?"

Many suggestions were presented to find a way to protect the ants from falling in the jar, but none of them was approved. When the controversy reached a new climax, a small ant stepped forth.

"Can we make this jar our house?" She said.

Then, a brilliant idea sparked in the mind of another ant;

"Roll down the jar, empty the water from it, then we can use it as a house". She said.

The ants highly applauded the two ants;

"Well done, ants. Let's cooperate to turn the jar over”; the leader said.

So, the marching army of ants moved towards the jar quietly and in orderly fashion.

At that moment, I woke up feeling thirsty. I left the bed and slowly headed to the kitchen to get a drink of water. Then, I went back to sleep. In the morning, I rushed to the roof to look at the abandoned house. The jar was still there, but it was surrounded by a colony of ants. "Maybe, they are preparing to roll it down". I thought.

Then, I decided to go down, but my grandfather was behind me.

“Don't come up here again! It is dangerous, do you understand?” he said.

"Yes Grandfather, I understand".

مترجمة حرة الصورة الرمزية منى هلال
    تاريخ التسجيل
    09/05/2007
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

افتراضي

عزيزتي الأخت أسماء

جزاك الله خيرا على هذا المجهود الكريم

قصة ظريفة ولكنني لا أفهم نهايتها.

في الترجمة لدي بعض الملاحظات الطفيفة التي أود أن أعرضها عليك - هل يمكنني إرسالها لك في رسالة خاصة؟

لو تكرمتي بارسال عنوانك البريدي سأرسل لك تعليقاتي.

والسلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

ويـاليت الذي بينــــي وبينـــك عامـر
    وبينـي وبين العالميـــــــن خـــــراب

عـضــو
    تاريخ التسجيل
    19/04/2007
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

افتراضي

أختي العزيزة منى

شكرا جزيلا وبارك الله فيك. وبناءا على تعليقاتك البناءة تم تعديل الترجمة

مع خالص تقديري وامتناني

+ الرد على الموضوع

الأعضاء الذين شاهدوا هذا الموضوع : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.

لا يوجد أعضاء لوضعهم في القائمة في هذا الوقت.

المفضلات

المفضلات

ضوابط المشاركة

• لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
  • لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
  • لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
  • لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك
  •