الموضوع: ارجو المساعدة في الترجمة النص

عـضــو
    تاريخ التسجيل
    11/09/2008
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

افتراضي ارجو المساعدة في الترجمة النص

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته وبعد
    في الحقيقة وجدت صعوبة في فهم هذه القطعة وحل اسئلتها وقد اتيتكم وكلي امل في الحصول على مساعدة بخصوصها تقبلوا الشكر

II. Read the following text and answer the questions below.
    In the morning it was still raining, and I gave up hope of exploring Gothenburg before catching my train. Instead I went to the station and spent my children's inheritance on two cups of coffee and a leaden iced bun. The train left promptly at 10.05 and after four hours and twenty minutes of riding through the endless pine forest that is Sweden, I was making my way through the throngs at Stockholm's pleasantly gloomy central station.
    I went to the station tourist office to have a room found for me. I had to fill out a form with about 700 questions on it, but it was worth it because the hotel was a charming little find, friendly, clean and reasonably priced – in so far as that statement can be made about anything in Sweden.
    I headed first for Gamla Stan, the old town, on the far side of the Strömsbron bridge. It had an oddly Central European feel to it: narrow, hilly streets lined by severe heavy buildings the colour of faded terracotta, sometimes with chunks of plaster missing, as if they had been struck a glancing blowضربة عابرة by tank fire, and often with pieces knocked off the corners where trucks had carelessly backed into them. It had a kind of knocked-about charm, but was surprisingly lacking in any air of prosperity. Most of the windows were dirty, the brass name plates and door knockers were generally unpolished and almost every building was in serious need of a good coat of paint. It looked much as I would expect Krakow or Bratislava to look. Maybe it was just the rain, which was falling steadily again, bringing its inevitable grey gloom to the city. Did it never stop raining in Sweden?

(From Bill Bryson: Neither here nor there)

a) Lines 1, 2, 5, 10: What types of phrase have been underlined? Analyse the phrases and give information about what elements they contain and what sort of words they consist of.
    b) Lines 9 and 12: What word class are the italicized words (find and feel)? Write a sentence with each where they have a different word class.
    c) Classify the types of nouns in bold in lines 1, 3, 4, 12,16 and 18, in terms of common/proper, singular/plural, countable/uncountable.
    d) Lines 12-13. Give a complete analysis of the structure of the underlined phrase.

عـضــو الصورة الرمزية رجائى عطية
    تاريخ التسجيل
    08/05/2008
    العمر
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

افتراضي

The questions cited under the passage are all about sentence structure.........The problem , thus, lies in reviewing the grammar rules you've studied about kinds of sentences and sentence analysis, not just in knowing the new vocabulary in the passage. You should revise them carefully, and underline the phrases and clauses you want to know about. Once you do this, you can answer such questions fairly correctly. Good luck............... Mr. M. Elkhooly

+ الرد على الموضوع

الأعضاء الذين شاهدوا هذا الموضوع : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.

لا يوجد أعضاء لوضعهم في القائمة في هذا الوقت.

الكلمات الدلالية لهذا الموضوع

المفضلات

المفضلات

ضوابط المشاركة

• لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
  • لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
  • لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
  • لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك
  •