المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

افتراضي ترجمة قصة "هدية العيد" لغسان كنفاني

A Present for the Holiday

By

Ghassan Kanafani

Translated by:

Hasan M. Abu Khalil

I went to sleep very late. I have been reading a book by a Chinese author called San Tsee, who lived a hundred years before Christianity. I was totally engrossed by the book which relieved me of all my fatigue, but all this has nothing to do with our subject here. In his book he said that war is a trick, and victory is your ability to anticipate everything and prevent your enemy from anticipating anything. He also said that war is a surprise. He said that war is the domination of high spirits. He said that…

But all this has nothing to do with our subject.

I went to sleep very late, while the phone rang very early. The voice on the other end of the phone was quite alert, wakeful; it was almost joyful and proud. It didn’t imply any feeling of guilt. I was half awake. I said to myself: this is a man who is an early riser, he has nothing to be busy with at night. It was a rainy, stormy and thunderous night. I was wondering where, in such conditions, were those men who were crawling through darkness to offer us pure unsoiled honor? It was a rainy night, and this man on the other end of the phone…

But all this also has nothing to do with our subject.

He said: "I have an idea. We are going to collect children toys and send them to the expatriates in Jordan, to the refugee camps. You know, it is the holiday season".

I was half awake. The refugee camps, those stains of disgrace that are stained on our exhausted foreheads, those worn rags fluttering like banners of defeat, scattered haphazardly over the steppes of mud, dust, and pity. I used to teach in one of these camps. One of my little students was named Darweesh, he used to sell round-cakes after school. I was chasing him around the tents and metal sheets, stepping in mud and mud puddles to carry him to the evening class. He had short, curly always damp hair. He was very smart, and he was the best in class at writing a composition. Had he had something to live on, he would have been a genius. The camp was big, it was called……

But all this has nothing to do with the subject.

The man on the other end of the phone said: "An excellent project, isn't it? You are going to help us. We need a press campaign, you know". I was half awake. A suitable description came to mind. “Mr. X spent the holiday collecting toys for the refugees, and the ladies of elite society are going to distribute these toys in the refugee camps.” But the camps are muddy, and the fashion this year dictates short dresses and white high heels. Yesterday I tore out a photo with news clipping that said: “The beauty X was seen spending the evening in X night club. The man sitting with her spilled his drink on her dress, and in retaliation she poured the bottle on his suit.” I said: it must have cost one hundred pounds at least. I said: and this price…

But all this also has nothing to do with the subject.

He continued speaking: “We are going to wrap them in protective wrapping paper, and we'll look for trucks to transport them for free. We will distribute them there wrapped, and it's going to be a surprise.” Surprise? War is a surprise! That's what the Chinese writer, San Tsee who lived five hundred years before Christ, said. I was half awake, and I couldn't hold back my visions. I have such a psychological state of mind, especially when I get tired, or when I can't believe what my eyes see. Sometimes I look at people and wonder: are these really our faces? How can we clean from them the mud shed over them by June so fast? Can we really smile? Can we…

But this also has nothing to do with the subject.

As the telephone receiver was slipping out of my hand he said:

"Each child is going to get his present wrapped on the morning of the holiday, having in it an unknown toy. Each and his luck"
    The telephone receiver dropped out of my hand as my head rested on the pillow and my memory went back in time to nineteen years ago.

It was 1949. They told us that day that the Red Crescent was going to distribute holiday toys among us. I was a child, wearing short trousers and a grey shirt made of linen, and putting on worn out shoes with no socks. It was the coldest winter the region had ever had. On that morning, when I began to walk, my toes got frozen and were covered with a thin glass-like layer. I sat on the sidewalk crying before a man came and carried me to a near-by shop. They were burning wood there in a tin drum, and they made me sit close to it. I pushed my feet towards the flames until they were almost in it. Then I continued running towards the Red Crescent headquarters, where I lined up with hundreds of children waiting for our turn.

The packages were far away from us, and we were shivering like an exposed crop of reeds. We hopped so that the blood would keep circulating in our veins. A million years passed before it was my turn, when a clean nurse handed me a square red box.

I went running back home without opening that box. Now, after 19 years, I do not remember at all what that box contained, except for one thing, one thing only: it was a pack of powdered lentil soup.

I held the packet of soup tight with my cold reddened hands, and I hugged it to my chest facing ten children: my brothers, sisters, and some relatives who looked at me through twenty wide open eyes.

The box of course contained a wonderful toy, but it was not edible, and so it was ignored and lost. I kept the packet of soup with me for a week. I used to give my mother the amount of a cup of water to cook it for us.
    I can remember nothing but cold and ice which froze my toes, and the packet of soup.

The voice of the early waking man was still buzzing in my ears in that grey exhausted morning, when the bells began to ring through a terrifying emptiness, and I was coming back from my short excursion to the past which is still pulsing in my mind, and I was…..

But all this, also, has nothing to do with the subject.

]December 1968

النص الأصل في المرفق التالي
    http://www.arabswata.org/forums/uplo...1172504053.doc

abukhalil.hasan@gmail.com

عـضــو
    تاريخ التسجيل
    30/11/2006
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

افتراضي

الســلام عليكم

اخى المشرف والمترجم النشط / أ . حسن ابو خليل

احسنت .. سعيدة جدا والله اننا نقوم بدورنا كمترجمين

أختيارك موفق جدا نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي

لى عودة بعد قراءة متأنية

كما اشيد بعملك مسح ضوئى scanning لنص للكتاب لتفيدنا به - مشكور

تقبل التقدير والأحترام نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي

مترجم الصورة الرمزية Hasan Abu Khalil
    تاريخ التسجيل
    27/09/2006
    العمر
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

افتراضي

أختي الكريمة إيمان،

أشكر لك مرورك الكريم.

دمت ودام نشاطك بخير.

مترجم / أستاذ بارز الصورة الرمزية معتصم الحارث الضوّي
    تاريخ التسجيل
    29/09/2006
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

افتراضي

الأخ الكريم حسن أبو خليل
    تحية عطرة و تقديري لجهدك الرائع في ترجمة هذه القصة المعبّرة للكاتب الراحل غسان كنفاني . إليك يا سيدي بعض الملاحظات التي استرعت انتباهي في الترجمة ، و أتمنى تقبّلها بصدر رحب :
    - أكثر المترجم من استخدام الضمائر " I, he " مما لا يتفق تماماً مع أساليب المتحدثين بالإنكليزية ، و الذين يحرصون على الإقلال منها قدر الإمكان .
    - بعض الجمل الطويلة تتطلب التجزئة إلى جمل أقصر لتتوائم مع الأساليب المتعارف عليها لدى المتحدثين بالإنكليزية ، و لمراعاة سرعة الإيقاع القصصي في السرد و الحوار .
    مثالاً لذلك عبارة " The voice of the early waking man was still buzzing in my ears in that grey exhausted morning " ، و التي يستحسن تجزئتها إلى جملتين مرتبطتين بفاصلة ، و على سبيل المثال : " That gloomy morning, my ears were still cherishing the voice of that early rising man " .
    - استخدم الكاتب لغة بسيطة بعيداً عن الخطاب الرسمي ، و قد راعى المترجم ذلك بصفة واعية حاذقة ، و لكن رغم ذلك تضمنت الترجمة بعض العبارات الرسمية التي تبتعد بالقارئ عن الصورة العاطفية التي حاول الكاتب رسمها . مثالاً لذلك عبارة " He continued speaking " ، التي يفضّل استبدالها بعبارة " He went on " أو " He added " .

فائق التقدير و المودة

منتديات الوحدة العربية
    http://arab-unity.net/forums/
    مدونتي الشخصية
    http://moutassimelharith.blogspot.com/

مترجم الصورة الرمزية Hasan Abu Khalil
    تاريخ التسجيل
    27/09/2006
    العمر
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

افتراضي

اقتباس المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة معتصم الحارث الضّوي مشاهدة المشاركة
    الأخ الكريم حسن أبو خليل
    تحية عطرة و تقديري لجهدك الرائع في ترجمة هذه القصة المعبّرة للكاتب الراحل غسان كنفاني . إليك يا سيدي بعض الملاحظات التي استرعت انتباهي في الترجمة ، و أتمنى تقبّلها بصدر رحب :
    - أكثر المترجم من استخدام الضمائر " I, he " مما لا يتفق تماماً مع أساليب المتحدثين بالإنكليزية ، و الذين يحرصون على الإقلال منها قدر الإمكان .
    - بعض الجمل الطويلة تتطلب التجزئة إلى جمل أقصر لتتوائم مع الأساليب المتعارف عليها لدى المتحدثين بالإنكليزية ، و لمراعاة سرعة الإيقاع القصصي في السرد و الحوار .
    مثالاً لذلك عبارة " The voice of the early waking man was still buzzing in my ears in that grey exhausted morning " ، و التي يستحسن تجزئتها إلى جملتين مرتبطتين بفاصلة ، و على سبيل المثال : " That gloomy morning, my ears were still cherishing the voice of that early rising man " .
    - استخدم الكاتب لغة بسيطة بعيداً عن الخطاب الرسمي ، و قد راعى المترجم ذلك بصفة واعية حاذقة ، و لكن رغم ذلك تضمنت الترجمة بعض العبارات الرسمية التي تبتعد بالقارئ عن الصورة العاطفية التي حاول الكاتب رسمها . مثالاً لذلك عبارة " He continued speaking " ، التي يفضّل استبدالها بعبارة " He went on " أو " He added " .

فائق التقدير و المودة
    أخي معتصم،
    أشكر لك اهتمامك وملاحظاتك. ما تفضلت به بخصوص أسلوب متحدثي الإنكليزية صحيح ومنطقي تماماً. لكن اسمح لي بالتعليق على هذه الملاحظات:
    استخدام I و he بكثرة هنا استدعته الحالة النفسية للسارد، فهو يقارن بينه وبين محدثه على الهاتف؛ بين حالته النفسية وحالة ذلك المتحدث. فكأن السارد أراد القول، هذا المتحدث الذي يصحو مبكراً لأن ما من شيء يؤرقه في الليل، فهو لم يشهد معاناتي أنا وتجربتي في مخيمات اللجوء والعار. يقول: هو يتحدث عن زيارة المخيم على أنها مغامرة ممتعة، بينما أنا أعرف مدى حُرقة هذه المعاناة. فهو لم يعشها، بينما أنا فعلت.
    هذا الاكثار في الاستخدام جاء ليؤكد المقارنة بين من عانى ومن لم يعرف ماذا يعني أن تعيش في مخيم للجوء.
    بالنسبة للجمل الطويلة: الكثافة النفسية لحالة السارد تطلبت ذلك أيضاً لتصور الانفعالات التي يعبر عنها السارد، فلو انقطع السرد في مثل هذه الجمل كان يمكن أن يريح القاريء بعض الشيء، وهو ما لم يرده السارد؛ بل أعقتد أنه أراد أن يرهق القاريء بهذه الانفعالات النفسية. والله أعلم
    ومثلها في عبارات مثل The voice of the early waking man was still buzzing in my ears in that grey exhausted morning، فالسارد أراد مرة أخرى أن يُشعر القاريء بأن ما يقترحه محدثه على الهاتف مثل طنين يعكر عليها رجوعه في الزمن إلى الوراء مع الذكريات المؤلمة التي عاشها في المخيم.
    هكذا كانت قراءتي للنص، فربما أصبت وربما أخطأت.
    على كلٍ، أشكر لك ملاحظاتك الجميلة.

مع الاحترام والتقدير

مترجم / أستاذ بارز الصورة الرمزية معتصم الحارث الضوّي
    تاريخ التسجيل
    29/09/2006
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

افتراضي

أخي حسن
    شكرا جزيلا لتفاعلك الرائع كما عهدتُك دائماً . و أقدّرُ كثيراً وجهة نظرك إذ " لا يعرفُ الشوقَ إلا من يكابدُهُ " ، فأنتَ الذي تعمقّت في تحليل النص و فهمه و استقراء المعاني الصريحة و الكامنة التي حاول كاتبنا الراحل التعبير عنها ، و من ثم أصدرت هذه الترجمة الرائعة .

فائق تقديري لك أيها المعطاء نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي

منتديات الوحدة العربية
    http://arab-unity.net/forums/
    مدونتي الشخصية
    http://moutassimelharith.blogspot.com/

مترجم فوري
    الصورة الرمزية سمير الشناوي
    تاريخ التسجيل
    02/10/2006
    العمر
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

افتراضي

اخي المترجم الشاعر القاص
    نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي
    ولي عودة بعد قراءة النص العربي

سمير الشناوي

+ الرد على الموضوع

الأعضاء الذين شاهدوا هذا الموضوع : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.

لا يوجد أعضاء لوضعهم في القائمة في هذا الوقت.

المفضلات

المفضلات

ضوابط المشاركة

• لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
  • لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
  • لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
  • لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك
  •